Are you in search of the coolest places to visit in Kerala during the summer?
Summers are associated with water parks, ice cold drinks and breezy clothing but the harsh truth is that the blistering heat can get unbearable really soon. The summer heat mostly puts a damper on any excursions in the city. As the hottest months of the year approaches its time to pack your bags and start looking up best destinations to visit in Kerala during summer.
Instead of staying locked up in the comforts of your air-conditioned rooms, bring out the wanderlust in you. Put on your traveling hats and feel the cool air of the gorgeous hill stations of Kerala remove away all traces of heat and exhaustion from you. If the beautiful hill stations are your preferred destination then they are among most popular tourist destinations in Kerala during summer.
From misty hilly terrains to sandy beaches, Kerala has it all covered to keep your summer cool. So beat the heat this year in luscious green valleys that boast of exotic view.
Have you been searching for the best place to visit in summer? Here are top 10 tourist places to visit in Kerala during summer:
Best Places to Visit in Kerala during Summer
1. Munnar The most popular tourist destination in Kerala during summer, Munnar has an unparalleled beauty. You would see all shades of green cover this enchanting place with its rolling hills, tea plantation, waterfalls, nature trails and lakes. The hill station is situated on the bank of three rivers Madupetti, Nallathanni and Periavaru, and has amazing panoramic viewpoints. There are plenty of places to sightsee in Munnar which is also famous for its one of a kind neelakurinji shrub. The most popular tourist destinations of Munnar are Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Anamudi, Devikulam, Nyayamakad, Muniyara Dolmens, Attukal Waterfalls, Photo Point, Echo Point and Pothemadu.
2. Thekkady The Thekkady hill station is among the top places to visit in Kerala in summer. This serene beauty gives you a chance to explore the untamed side of Kerala with all its exotic flora and fauna. One of the main attractions of this hill station is Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, which is home to many elephants. Thekkady is also a great place for trekking as the nature trails help one to relish the scenic galore of this place. Mangala Devi Temple, Pandikuzhi, Vandiperiyar , Ramakalmedu , Periyar Tiger Reserve, Periyar National Park, Chellarkovil Viewpoint and Gavi Forest are some prime spots to visit at this hill station.
3. Vagamon The dense forests, cascading waterfalls and the abundant greenery makes Vagamon one of the best destinations to visit in Kerala during summer. Apart from mesmerizing beauty, one would also find a lot of calm, and serenity here. There are a lot of natural hotspots that make this place such a delight. These places are Illikal Peak, Poonjar Palace, Maramala Waterfalls in Vagamon and Meenachil River.
4. Ponmudi Ponmudi may be small in size but its captivating beauty places it among top places to visit in Kerala in summer. This serene landscape is made up of forest and green grass that carpets the ground. The splendid view that one can witness from Ponmudi along with its pleasant weather makes it a haven for nature lovers. It also makes it the best place for hiking or trekking and exploring nature with all its splendors. You can also witness the vast flora and fauna of this hill station which will rejuvenate the mind as well as the body. Agasthyarkoodam, Peppara Wildlife Sanctuary, Deer Park, Golden Valley and Meenmutti falls are some of the places that you must visit here.
5. Lakkidi Lakkidi hill station boasts of majestic beauty that is a sight for sore eyes. The green rolling hills and lush landscape along with gushing waterfalls make this place the most popular tourist destination in Kerala during summer. This surreal and unspoiled natural land can help you relax and rejuvenate yourself completely. Chembra Peak, Pookode Lake, Thusharagiri Falls, Lakkidi View Point are some of the famous tourist spots of Lakkidi that you must check out.
6. Idukki The quaint hill station of Idukki has a resplendent natural beauty. The sprawling green valleys with the aroma of spices excite your senses while the greenery all around acts as a balm on the nerves. Idukki is absolutely delightful and makes for a picturesque sight. The main attractions of Idukki are Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary, Idukki Arch Dam, Waterfall at Keezar Kuthu and the sprawling tea and spice plantations.
7. Malampuzha Not only is this beautiful hill station one of the best destinations to visit in Kerala during summer but is also a great favourite with families. The reason being, that apart from mesmerizing natural beauty which the place possesses, it also has a vast number of activities that families especially kids can indulge in. There is not one dull minute at Malampuzha as the place has amusement parks, ropeway, fish-shaped aquarium and many other activities. Do check out Malampuzha dam, Siruvani Waterfalls and rock garden created by Padmasree Nek Chand Saini. 8. Gavi This hill station is one of those hidden gems of Kerala that definitely deserves to be explored. Gavi is nothing short of a paradise with breathtaking beauty that will scintillate your senses with its natural galore and the waft of spices that lingers in the air there. One look at this place and you would know why it is one of the best destinations to visit in Keraladuring summer. Sabrimala Temple, Kochupampa, Gavi Lakes are some of the favourite spots at Gavi which is also home to 260 species of birds.
9. Kovalam Beach After hill stations, beaches are the next best way to beat the heat. You can have the most fabulous time at the Kovalam beach which is among most popular tourist destinations in Kerala during summer. The shallow waters, low tidal waves and cool breeze here are a great way to have a relaxing time.
10. Alleppey Beach Alleppey is well known for this gorgeous beach along with equally stunning backwaters and of course the iconic houseboats. The sea is a famous tourist spot and is one of the best destinations to visit in Kerala during summer. This summer, visit the tranquil and beautiful land of Kerala which will intrigue you with its quaint charm and ensnare your senses with its beauty. To book your Kerala tour package, get in touch with Kerala Holidays and we will plan a comfortable and luxurious holidays for you